Wednesday 2 January 2013

How I escaped death – Obasanjo

How I escaped death – Obasanjo
OBJ...His Mansion

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Wednesday said that he would have been a dead person if the fire which burnt part of his mansion in Abeokuta last week occurred in the night.

Obasanjo stated this when the executive members of the  Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), Lagos State chapter paid him a solidarity visit in his Abeokuta home.

According to him, the smoke which pervaded his room was enough to terminate a life .

It will be recalled that mysterious  fire last week razed the office of Obasanjo’s private secretary. The  office was said to be close to Obasanjo’s bedroom.

The former president said; “the fire incident which occurred in office of my private secretary, resulted in thick smoke which pervaded my bedroom, if it had happened at night, I would have been a dead person now.

“I want to thank all, and all those who called me on phone both within and outside the country. Let us appreciate the mercy and kindness of God. There are many, we started last year together but no more today, we are not mocking them,but to extol God”, Obasanjo said.


No comments: