Wednesday 14 January 2015

Incredible moment kidnapped boy is reunited with his father - 24 YEARS after he was snatched in a market as a four-year-old and sold to childless couple

Long lost son: Sun Bin 28, was kidnapped from the market where his father sold vegetables when he was just four years old, and sold to a childless couple 1,000 miles away from his family home
A Chinese man who was abducted from his father's vegetable stall 24 years ago has finally been reunited with his father.
Sun Bin was just four years old when he was taken from the market in the city of Chengdu in south-eastern China's Sichuan province.
The 28-year-old was then sold to his adoptive parents, a childless couple in the city of Xuzhou, almost 1,000 miles away, for £250.
Reunited: Father and son collapse in each others arms as they meet for the first time in 24 years
'The fact that they had paid the men who stole me from my real parents always meant there was a distance between us,' Sun Bin says.
'I admit I grew to love them for their kindness as years went by, but I knew that I had to try and find my real parents.
'When I was old enough to start to look for my real parents on my own, I didn't tell them at first because I didn't want to upset them.'
Sun Bin started looking for his biological parents in 2010, and as part of the search he supplied a DNA sample to a to a government backed database - and found a match.
His father Ku, 45, and mother Lo, had spent four years travelling around China in the hope of finding their son, but gave up in 1995.

Memories: Ku shows his son the last photograph of them together, taken in 1991 before the kidnapping

Family memories: Sun Bin and his father are photographed in 1991, just days before he was kidnapped

'I still have this photo that was taken of him four days before he vanished,' Ku said at the reunion.
'I had been working selling vegetables in a food market in Chengdu and had taken him with me. I was dealing with a customer and when I looked round he had gone.


No comments: