Saturday 20 July 2013

Funke Akindele admits marital crisis

Funke Akindele admits marital crisis
Funke Akindele admits MARITAL CRISIS
After threatening to sue the media for reporting that her 14 month-old marriage to Alhaji Kehinde Oloyede might have failed, actress, Funke Akindele, on Friday, admitted that she had been separated from her husband. This confirmation came hours after her erstwhile husband debunked the news that he divorced her on Facebook.

The confirmatory statement by her publicist, Ayo  Ola-Mohammed said, “On behalf of our client, star actress, Funke Akindele, we want to formally inform you that after due consultation and consideration, she’s now separated from Mr. Kehinde Oloyede as his wife. She hereby urges her fans and all concerned to pray and wish her the best as she moves on in her career.

“ Kindly note that this is the first and only official statement from Funke Akindele on the matter and will be glad if her wish is respected.”

Kehinde, son of former Iyaloja of Oshodi Market, had claimed that his Facebook account was hacked and that the hackers were responsible for the divorce message posted on his wall on Monday. To back up his tale, he deleted his old account and set up a new account on Thursday. But before the old account disappeared on Facebook, the divorce message had been removed.

The divorce message on his former account wall said, “It’s with heavy heart that am announcing the separation of me nd ma wife Mrs Olufunke Akindele, we’ve both agreed to go our separate ways coz of irreconcilable differences. We still best of friends nd we 4ever remain gud friends.”
Following an official statement released a few hours ago by Funke Akindele's camp confirming the end of her one year marriage, the star actress has removed her estranged husband's name, Oloyede, from all her social media accounts.

She's also spoken for the first time about the end of her marriage. She told Stella Dimoko Korkus:
First of all let me clarify that I have not replied any SMS or spoken to anyone on this development before now and neither have I threatened to sue anyone. I do not know who sent out that SMS denying that my marriage is over. That was what necessitated me sending out a press release so as not to confuse the public, especially my fans whom I'm so passionate about.
Yes my marriage has crashed. Let the people who are laughing at me continue laughing.  My job afterall is to make people laugh. Let those who are without sins or mistake cast the first stone. Let them continue judging me. God is the overall judge. He is the one I look up to

No comments: